Dr. Joanna Ptasinski
Title: Visiting Scholar
Office: B604 Engineering Building Unit 1
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0407
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093-0407
Phone: (858) 534-7208
Fax: (858) 534-1225
Ph.D.: University of California, San Diego, Electrical Engineering, 2014
M. S., Electrical Engineering, San Diego State University, San Diego, 2006
B. S., Electrical Engineering, San Diego State University, San Diego, 2001
Research Interests: Electromagnetic simulation, Nano-optics
- Joanna Ptasinski, Iam-Choon Khoo, and Yeshaiahu Fainman, "Enhanced optical tuning of modified-geometry resonators clad in blue phase liquid crystals," Optics Letters 39(18), 5435-5438 (2014). pdf
- Joanna Ptasinski, Iam-Choon Khoo and Yeshaiahu Fainman, "Passive Temperature Stabilization of Silicon Photonic Devices Using Liquid Crystals," Materials 2014, 7(3), 2229-2241 pdf
- J. Ptasinski, S.W. Kim, L. Pang, I.C. Khoo, and Y. Fainman, “Optical tuning of silicon photonic structures with nematic liquid crystal claddings,” Optics Letters 38(12), pp. 2008-2010 (2013). pdf
- J. Ptasinski, L. Pang, P. C. Sun, B. Slutsky, and Y. Fainman, “Differential Detection for Nanoplasmonic Resonance Sensors,” IEEE Sensors Journal 12, 384 - 388 (2012). pdf
- J. Ptasinski, I. Khoo, and Y. Fainman, "Nematic Liquid Crystals for Temperature Stabilization of Silicon Photonics," in Advanced Photonics for Communications, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America, 2014), paper JT3A.20.
- Joanna N. Ptasinski, Sung W. Kim, Lin Pang, Iam Choon Khoo, Yeshaiahu Fainman, "Active electrical and optical tuning of silicon photonic devices with liquid crystals", in Liquid Crystals XVII, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 8828 (SPIE, Bellingham, WA 2013), 882813.
- Ptasinski, J.N.; Kim, W.; Lin Pang; Iam-Choon Khoo; Fainman, Y., "Optical tuning of nematic liquid crystal claddings for chip scale photonic circuits," Avionics, Fiber-Optics and Photonics Conference (AVFOP), 2013 IEEE , vol., no., pp.63,64, 1-3 Oct. 2013
- J. Ptasinski, L. Pang, P. C. Sun, B. Slutsky, and Y. Fainman, “Benefits of Differential Detection for Nanoplasmonics,” IEEE Winter Topicals 2011.
- L. Pang, H. Chen, J. Ptasinski, P. C. Sun, and Y. Fainman, “Nanoplasmonic resonance integrated with optofluidics for biochemical sensing and identification,” SPIE 2011.